wireless client bridge connection to mobile phone hotspot
Rudolph Rhein
2021-11-20 04:06:12 UTC
1. The desktop has Ethernet but not Wi-Fi.
2. I have a router set up as a wireless client bridge.
3. That connects the desktop to the home router access point.

But...

I can't get the same desktop to work with the mobile phone access point.
A. I turn on the mobile phone access point on the phone
B. A laptop with Wi-Fi can easily connect to that mobile phone AP
C. But the router as a wireless bridge cannot establish the connection

Why?
Marco Moock
2021-11-20 06:24:04 UTC
Am Sat, 20 Nov 2021 06:06:12 +0200
Post by Rudolph Rhein
1. The desktop has Ethernet but not Wi-Fi.
2. I have a router set up as a wireless client bridge.
3. That connects the desktop to the home router access point.
But...
I can't get the same desktop to work with the mobile phone access
point. A. I turn on the mobile phone access point on the phone
B. A laptop with Wi-Fi can easily connect to that mobile phone AP
C. But the router as a wireless bridge cannot establish the connection
Is the "router" (is is not a router in this context, because it does
not route anything) configured as a WDS repeater?